Author: Leslie Bulion
Illustrator: Robert Megnanck
Publisher: Peachtree Publishing
This web has a few bugs in it.
- It’s a book about spiders!
- There are great illustrations.
- It has lots of different poems, and some are really good.
- It has interesting, detailed facts, collected in one place, about spiders.
- It tries to do too much (not strictly a haiku book).
- It has too much information for kids — not quite an encyclopedia, not quite a reference book)
- Poem types are not identified.
Example I liked:
Southern House Spider
one pudgy velvet leg–
leaves predator holding
a tasty morsel
My thanks to Peachtree Publishing for providing a Review Copy of this book. All opinions provided herein are my own.
More books for this Age Group can be found here.
Please, leave comments! I love a HEALTHY exchange of ideas. After all, critical thinking is essential to life.
*When something is purchased using one of our affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. We do not accept any monies for any editorial reviews. Our opinions, to the chagrin of many, are our own.